COMPETITIONS ARE OPEN TO TEXO MEMBERS ONLY!
2020 is the 12th year for the TEXO BBQ Cook-off so fire up the grill for a competition in three different categories that will test your BBQ skills against other TEXO members. Teams will be competing for best Chicken, Ribs, and Brisket, so bring your secret recipes, and see how they fare!
- Gates Open Friday, October 16 at 12:00pm for BBQ Set-Up
- Cooks meeting, Friday, October 16 6:00pm
Turn in Times, Saturday, October 17:
12:00pm BBQ Chicken Judging
1:00pm BBQ Ribs Judging
2:00pm BBQ Brisket Judging
Click here for BBQ-Cook-off Rules
TEXO BBQ Cook-off- $125 per team (per meat)
Judging Information & Criteria
The Categories are defined as follows:
CHICKEN: Chicken includes Cornish Game Hen and Kosher Chicken.
PORK RIBS: Ribs shall include the bone. Country style ribs are prohibited.
BEEF BRISKET: May be whole brisket, flat, or point. Corned beef is not allowed.
The Turn-in times for the BBQ Cook-off is as follows:
Chicken - 12:00 pm
Ribs – 1:00 pm
Brisket – 2:00 pm
No barbecue will be accepted after the times indicated above. Your barbecue will be blind judged on the following criteria:
Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category.
The team who scores the highest combined number of points will receive an additional 75 points in the TEXO Challenge Cup competition.
General Rules & Guidelines
- BBQ COOKED ON SITE – All entries must be cooked from scratch and onsite the day of the cook-off. All entries must be prepared in the open. We encourage propane cooking due to lack of electricity. (No cooking in motor homes, etc.). Please come prepared with water containers if needed as water is not available.
- QUANTITY TO BE COOKED – because barbecue will be served to the public after judging, you must provide samples for 50 people in all categories you enter.
Items Teams Supply
- Cooking equipment & fuel
- Cooking ingredients including meat, spices, etc.
- Any condiments that you believe should be served with your barbecue.
- Table and chairs – for cooking and sitting. Generally, you will have an approximate 18' x 30' cooking and show space.
- Tent (if needed/desired)
- Sign(s) to identify your team and team sponsor
Click here for Registration and to be an Event Sponsor!